Monday, June 11, 2007

Pesach Pesach Pesach



The past few days have been jewriffic. On Saturday I went over to Nate's house with Greg and Julie for a spectacular passover Seder. We ate a ton of good food, drank pretty good wine, laughed our asses off at ourselves (if you can't laugh at your own jokes who else can you count on to do it?), played trivial pursuit, and met a whole bunch of Jewish strangers who ended up being freaking fantastic people. We managed to finish the dinner in about four and a half hours (in Jew time that's almost punctual). I slept on the floor and missed out on Saturday's spring weekend festivities (no big freaking loss, I learned my lesson on Friday). And came back on campus just in time for lunch today. Today (or yesterday I suppose) I had lunch with Greg/Julie, showered (yay cleanliness!), wore a snazzy shirt, and went to the second night's Seder at Hillel. Unfortunately Hillel's service was a little less than inspiring (at least compared to Nate's), it seemed too abbreviated and the non-regular people weren't very into it. Also, and more importantly, a friend of mine was pretty depressed so I was worried about them and the sweet wine they make us drink (I swear I'm not an elitist but I CANNOT STAND sweet wines they hit me harder than they should and make me feel sick) all evening. It's hard watching the people you like doubt themselves, especially when they have no earthly reason to. I walked them back to their dorm and had a little heart to heart, I don't think I made myself too clear due to the hard-grapejuice and a general somber mood but I tried and will continue to do so until it bloody sticks.Regards,Josh "I may stop signing it like this but I rather like giving myself nicknames" Weinstein

1 comment:

joellovesclementine2159yahoocom said...

I may stop signing it like this ... Nah. I respect what you do. Don't change. :)