Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back and about.



I got back to CT Wednesday evening and life has already settled down into its boring West Hartford rhythms. This summer is shaping up to be one of the busiest ones in my life and I'm not too sure how to regard it. I'm looking at 40 hours of work, learning Hebrew, getting my EMT certification, and an additional summer course all in a twelve-sixteen week period. I can only hope that this isn't too much for me to handle. So, since I've been lax in updating here's my week in CT in a nutshell. Thursday: I spent the day with Jason and caught up a bit. He's probably one of my best friends in Connecticut and I enjoy the living hell out of spending time with him. We went to the Naugatuck mall to hang out and see if there weren't any interesting people about, for all we know there might have been but they were all 16 year olds and that's such a huge age gap that there's no way we could relate. We then went to a killer Chinese place had some good food and watched Episode 3 (which I'm still not too big a fan of but at least it's better than the other two). Friday: I headed up to Uconn to see if I couldn't get registered for courses. The system has been blocking me for months and I need to figure out why. No one was around so I went to the Engineering office and officially changed majors. It's good to have that off my chest and I'll see an advisor sometime this July about getting into the classes I need. I also managed to run into Greg at the Hillel. We went up to Ted's and downed a few pitchers of Blue Moon. He asked me to move in with him in the Spring semester and I'm honestly considering it. If I'm staying in CT and I get bored of the dorms I think an off campus apartment might be worth a shot and the price is right. Greg could be a fantastic roommate but I'm not too sure how he and I fit together on religious issues. He's far more conservative than I am and I almost feel beholden to keep up to his standards. I think it's something I should talk through with him. Saturday: Greg came down to West Hartford and picked Julie and I up for some Sox game action. During the day we drank a whole lot then played some less-than-sober frisbee and did some "We're drunk let's go in the front lawn" wrestling. That night we opened up the Hillel and did some drunken Shabbat services (with Julie leading) and played some sobering up monopoly. Then we went for a pleasant summer walk and chilled by Chemistry Lake for about an hour before going back to Greg's place. I spent the night on the couch and we went home in the morning. I might be going down to NYC with them for the Israel day parade but funds are tight and we'll see how things work out. Sunday: Did absolutely nothing which was quite nice. Monday: Went out with Jason again and managed to pick up some very attractive gals. Maybe more on this later as things develop but it had to happen sometime eh? Today: Nothink! I SEE NOTHINK!Regards,Josh "Should I stay or should I go now" Weinstein.

No comments: