Thursday, July 12, 2007
Back and (relatively) unpacked.
I'm back home and unsure of where this summer is going. Jobwise everything is still very much in the air the certification courses I was planning on doing this summer will be a sight longer than I had hoped so I won't be working at the hospital as previously planned. I'll figure something out I suppose.I'm currently going through a serious "missing everyone from school" stage. I made a lot of friends, many of whom I won't see from three months to forever. It's sad that a lot of the people my age are graduating, I've met a lot of cool younger people but they're still only about halfway to the people they're going to become and I'm more than a little afraid I won't fit into their "life pictures" in a year or two. So, to the people I met/remet this year (I'll do this in two parts today the men tomorrow the women):Men:Erik: You're an asshole. You can be a great person at times but you fucking piss me off. You try to overcompensate for your shortcomings as a human being by attempting to sleep with every attractive girl you meet. You, and people like you, ruin any chance of normal people like me (heh, well semi-normal) finding someone who hasn't been so fucked over by various men that they haven't given up on us. If you weren't one of the first people at Storrs to reach out to me I don't know if I'd associate myself with you. But, as things stand, you generally treat me with respect and it's because of you that I found a group of people I adore and respect. Maybe you'll grow up and find the strength to be yourself sometime.Rick: You're amazingly awesome. I look at you, your work ethic, and the way you accept people and can't help but be a little jealous. You're one of the few people I think I'm going to take out of college as a friend and try to keep as one. There's little else I need to say about you bro and, though you don't read this, I hope you realize how great a person I think you are.Sebastien Hey frenchie! I'm going to miss you a lot. Your constant badgering of me to get me to go out with you guys helped me socialize in a way I don't think would have been possible otherwise. I'm sorry your life isn't going in the direction you'd like it to but don't give up. Just because you're not working out here doesn't mean you can't do so in the future. Give it, yourself, and life time to work themselves out and I'm sure you'll manage. You're not very smart but you don't have to be. I'm sorry I missed seeing you go hopefully I'll visit you sometime in Paris.Louis Wow man, you're probably the best dude I've met all semester. Who'd have thought that I'd meet someone cool from a country as antisemitic as France? The fact that you don't give two shits about what ANYONE thinks of you regardless of who/what they are just blows me away. I've seen you go from girl to girl in the club until you found one that stuck and I wish I had that skill. If I could shrug off rejection like you do I think I'd be a much better person. I hope to see you this summer in NYC and keep in touch long after college is over. Greg You're neurotic, quirky, and difficult. I don't think I could respect you more. You're the kind of person who, if he can't find a niche for himself somewhere, will create one. Your outgoing personality and all around balls to the wall attitude create nothing but respect in me. If I don't manage to piss you off enough to disown me I have the feeling that we'll become excellent friends far beyond Hillel/College.Marc I don't think I've ever met anyone more willing to climb up and jump off random crap than you. You've great taste in music and you're willing to go out of your way to meet strangers, make them friends, and do your damndest to help them if they need it. I like how you're willing to go to the wall for your friends, it's nice to see that in someone else besides me (I nearly had it burned out of me this semester. Nothing quite like being willing to go beyond the call with no recipocration to make you reevaluate how you see people). You're similar to the people I went to highschool with (that's a huge compliment) and I hope that we're on our way to being friends. This doesn't even begin to cover it but I don't know you well enough (yet) to do anything more in depth.That was longer than I'd like,Josh "It's late and I have work to do" Weinstein
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment