Sunday, July 15, 2007

Virginia on my mind



Whelp, I'm in VA again visiting my mother. It's nice to see the sort of easy going people I knew existed but couldn't quite find in CT. Mom's graduation is tomorrow and that ought to be a real good time after that I'm going to take some dance lessons and see where the chips fall.Back to my review of the school year (note these aren't full on paragraphs but rather are stutter takes of thoughts I've had when thinking about the person being spoken of).Girls:Lucia: You were probably my first friend here. You're bitchy, cynical, and spontaneously nutty. I don't think this semester would have been half as fun without you here and I'm going to miss hanging out with you and the Frenchies regularly.Kiera: When I first met you I thought to myself "Here's just another rap-loving, boring, everyday boring (but nice) girl." I've never felt like more than an ass when you actually let down your guard and proved how wrong I was. You're an amazing person with a lot more depth than anyone but your good friends give you credit. I wish you were happier with yourself and more willing to go at life sober. You've got Lucia to watch over you for now but I know that when you give yourself a chance the world'll have to step aside to let you through.Mathilde: Alissa put it best when she said "I'd hate her for being so beautiful if she weren't the nicest person I've ever met." Mat, I wish I had been able to get to know you better when I had the chance. You weren't the most comfortable speaking in English but, from what I've seen, you've a fine mind and a sparklingly nice personality. I wish you all the best of luck in France and hope that we can hang out sometime in the future.Stephanie: I hated you in middleschool. You were snobby, spoiled, and bitchy. How did you grow up to be such a fantastic person? I'm glad we reconnected and that you and I, (who was) a judgemental erudite asshole, are so similar in outlook. Best of luck in your marriage and maybe with your help we can find Anne and see what's up with the girl I still dream about.Maureen: You nearly broke my self confidence. You're one of the two reasons why I've given up on women in, around, or from Connecticut. Still, once I got over your mixed signals and became friends with you I found a quirky fun to be around girl who needs to take her medicine more often. Your romantic relationships end up being torrid and short. You go hot and cold on me a lot. And you should take your medicine more often. The way you view yourself scares me, there are more reasons for living than "I don't want to hurt the people around me". Despite all that I (platonically) love you and I hope that either you can find the strength to get the help you need or I can find the strength to help you.Allison: Reason for giving up on women part deux. You confuse me. We get along fantastically both in person and online. Why do you repeatedly make plans for us to hang out and then disappear right before we're supposed to hang out only to reappear a few days later? I'd normally take the hint but you claim that you're "just flakey". I asked you outright whether or not you want me to just not bother you online or elsewhere anymore and you demanded that I keep in contact. I've given up on you after the fourth disappearing act but honestly, if I'm such a bad person, why can't you say anything? Resolution would be nice.Julie: I owe you a lot. You, and Greg (who is only at Hillel because you were there to convince him to not go back to his fraternity) are the reasons why I'm still active at Hillel. You genuinely stretched out your hand when no one else gave me the time of day (aside from Michelle to be covered later and Sarah) and I couldn't be happier that you did. I don't understand why a lot of people don't like/know you but you've always been kind, amusing, and helpful to me. I enjoy hanging out with you a lot and I'm saddened by the fact that we'll only have this summer together before you go off to bigger and better things (probably in Israel).Michelle: You're a lot like the younger sister that I'd like to have had. I'm not going to go too in depth here but I think Greg put it best when he said "When you're a little older you'll be a force to be reckoned with" (although I think he meant it as a jab there's truth there). You're already a fun, intelligent, and sarcastic girl. When you come out of your shell (tee hee) a little more and let life mature you you'll have all of academia at your feet and more than a few morons rolling around in pain behind you from the verbal lashings you administer. I look forward to being there and to (hopefully) not be rolling around bleeding from the ears.Jackie: You're a complicated person. I remember when I first saw you at the Hillel block party. I tried to offer you a snowcone (because that was what I was making seeing as I didn't know anyone there aside from Julie, Sarah, Brian, and Michelle) and you looked at me for a second and then walked away. I don't remember if you said anything but I do remember thinking "She's probably just another New Englander not looking to meet anyone new." I guess I was a little wrong eh? I'm usually exceptionally good at reading people but you throw me for a loop time and again. I enjoy spending time with you immenselybut, unfortunately, I can't really tell when you're done with me. I don't know when genuinely pissing you off (or if you just plain dislike me) and when you're just kidding. Your reactions to art/cinema are uplifting. You've excellent taste in music. You dance(enthusiastically) regardless of who's watching. You're loud, passionate in all that you do, and more than a little mercurial. I look forward to hanging out next semester (and hopefully not antagonizing you to the point where you stop talking to me permanently). You're a person who's still finding herself but I suspect the girl you find will please you.To the people I left out (not that I expect them, or anyone else really, to read this). I apologize. I either forgot you or don't know you well enough yet to have written something about you. I hope all my friends have a fantastic summer.

6 comments:

cswitqh427 said...

you'll have all of academia at your feet and more than a few morons rolling around in pain behind you from the verbal lashings you administer. Someone took English in college:-P, for the record I agree michelle:) Shyness can be overcome I'll tell you a story, you should come eat good food with Josh and I when he gets back.

metalmusicforever7276yahoocom said...

Something of a runon but I promised imperfect grammar in the introduction. And it's how I feel about our dear Shelly.

shonkwoc said...

...your mother. :)

artmakres2080 said...

actually, that's not fair. congrats to your mother. hmm. need a new retort. just fill in snark here; ____.

basterdinicayahoocom said...

Snark all you want my good girl you know you're going to make them all cry.

wewkwralapixcom86 said...

At least Kleenex makes 2-ply.